Speech training | your voice is who you are
Do you have to speak in front of an audience, but you experience stage fright? Would you like to learn how to enunciate, or how to profile yourself vigorously through your voice? Are you speaking all day at work and is your voice tired out afterwards? If you want to communicate with more decisiveness and expressiveness, you can improve your voice with a speech coach.
A good voice instils confidence, can be convincing and shows empathy. However, communication is all about the big picture: posture, breathing, thoughts and emotions. All of those affect how your voice sounds, the impression you make and thereby how you are being understood. This all contributes to the effectiveness of your message.
Speech coaching program: ‘Empower your voice’
An individual speech coaching course consists of a series of private one-hour sessions. If you enroll in my program, it will be custom-made. The content depends on the voice problem you would like to work on and the goals you would like to achieve. Lessons take place in my studio in the west of Amsterdam*. Taking the course, you’ll get:
- A customised voice coaching program
- One session on voice hygiene, posture and breathing
- Three sessions on personal voice issues (to be determined)
- One concluding follow-up session
- Hand-outs with exercises
- Email support
* Is my location too far away for you? In certain cases we can combine two 1.5 hour appointments in Amsterdam with coaching via Skype.
After taking this program, you can expect to:
- Feel more confident about your voice and its possibilities
- Deliver your message clear and effective
- Use your voice as a means to express yourself authentically
- Know how to deal with circumstances (emotions and stress) affecting your voice
- Feel less tired after a day filled with meetings or presentations
What is speech training?
Depending on what’s needed, during the speech training course you’ll be working on:
- Posture and breathing
- The connection between breathing and voice
- Awareness of your vocal habits
- Pronunciation, articulation and resonance
- Volume and intelligibility
- Intonation, word stress and melody
- Rhythm, pace and silence
- Personal development
- Effective communication
- Public speaking training
- Dealing with stress
Are you interested in speech coaching and would you like to know more? In that case I’ll invite you for a free, 15 minute clarity call by phone or via Skype. In the interview we will formulate your request for help and we can both decide whether I’m the right voice coach for you. During the call it is also relevant to find out whether your voice is physically healthy. If not, your complaint might belong to a speech therapist or an ENT-specialist. Contact me to book your free clarity call, or for more information.
The total investment for ‘Empower your voice’ is as follows:
- €450,- including VAT for individuals
- €450,- excluding VAT for self-employed people /zzp’ers
- €625,- excluding VAT for companies
There are several possibilities to finance the coaching program. Does your employer offer a personal training budget, or are you eligible for outplacement? Feel free to contact me to inform about the possibilites if your budget is insufficient, like spread payments.
“I learned that if you speak from the heart rather than from the head, your message will have more impact on the recipient. This is very helpful for me, personally as well as professionally!”
Marike, legal expert
“Laura was encouraging and challenging at the same time, helping me to gradually make changes. Each session had a specific topic and taylor-made excercises to focus on specific areas for improvement. Also shared basic toolbox to practice with her or on my own. I could see the difference after a couple of months. However, self-awareness is the key to remember what was learnt and keep improving!”